Having garlic on hand is an excellent idea to add flavor to dishes without adding a ton of extra calories.
Garlic has many nutritional benefits, such as high levels of manganese, potassium, calcium, selenium, sulfuric, vitamin B6, and vitamin C, and essential oils. As a bonus, garlic can be used in home remedies for illnesses.
Garlic is the best of the most natural vegetables that can grow in your home, and in this article, we guide you on how to grow an endless supply of garlic! Garlic is rich in vitamins and minerals and one of the world’s superfoods because of its herbal healing characteristics!
When to plant garlic
Garlic cloves can be planted in late winter as soon as the soil thaws, but fall-planted garlic produces bigger better bulbs. Garlic is easily grown in hardiness zones 9-11.
HOW TO GROW AN ENDLESS SUPPLY OF GARLIC AT HOME
7 Easy Steps for a Bumper Crop of Garlic:
- Arrange a nice looking, healthy garlic head.
- Fill a large pot with potting soil.
- Separate all the cloves of garlic, leave the peel on the cloves, and put each clove vertically 1/2 to 1-inch depth in the soil.
- Then cover it with the soil of 1 inch on the cloves.
- Locate the pot in a sunny area.
- Fertilize and Water with the watering can regularly after planting and watering when the soil is dry.
- Cut the top greens when they come 3-4 inches tall, and leave one inch so they can grow again.
- When the top green part dries up and turns brown, dig the cloves out.
- Each of them should have formed an entire bulb.
Get the cloves from the harvested bulb and start this process again to Grow an endless supply of garlic!
That is a magnificent and super cheap method to grow garlic at home, without enough maintenance or confusion! It is an excellent way to grow in a small space such as on a balcony or even in an apartment.
If you don’t own a small pot or container, try to use large margarine or yogurt container with drainage holes in the bottom.
If you have south-facing windows, you can also grow garlic indoors!